Why Every Student Should Experience an MKE Summer
What comes to mind when you think of Wisconsin?
The weather, winter or snowfall is what many associate with the Midwest.
In Milwaukee, the city is vibrant and alive in every season regardless of weather conditions. But it’s true, summer is when it really comes alive.
That’s why I encourage every Marquette student to spend at least one summer on campus.
As any college student will tell you, life can become hectic and demanding during the school year. At times, it may feel as if you aren’t living in Milwaukee, but rather the “Marquette Bubble” of campus. Yet, it is essential to your time spent at Marquette to bust out and venture into the city.
I promise that a summer spent in the Mil will be the most amazing time you will experience in your early adult life. This city will captivate you.
As you embrace Milwaukee, it will return the same to you and as you love the city, Milwaukee will love you too.
It is a city that rewards the adventurous with the spoils of discovery: great food, music, and times.
It draws you in with the alluring long nights at the beach filled with endless games of sand volleyball at Bradford.
The city encourages outdoor living and an active lifestyle by providing residents numerous bike and running trails, kayaking on the river, and sailing on the lake. Milwaukee feeds the soul with an abundance of the arts including live concerts of a variety of genres and talents. It also cultures the mind and unites strangers through the numerous heritage festivals.
In the city of Milwaukee, life is anything but short of an adventure.
You owe it to yourself to become more acquainted with the city you call home.
Summers in Milwaukee are your chance. Free from any of your academic obligations to explore and discover the many hidden and most prized treasures of the city.
-Lauren Holman (lolifemke)
Want to get info and updates on summer classes at Marquette? SIGN UP for our email list here.
Start thinking about warmer weather. Summer class registration begins this week.
- softerthanstarlight reblogged this from marquetteu
- more-sass-than-class likes this
- livinwithjosie likes this
- maddie-at-marquette reblogged this from marquetteu and added:
- maddie-at-marquette likes this
- marquetteu reblogged this from muexplore and added:
- ferris-wheelablaze likes this
- becomingthedifference likes this
- double-the-n reblogged this from drawingforawesome and added:
- drawingforawesome reblogged this from changesuponchanges
- drawingforawesome likes this
- thesarcasticbrown reblogged this from muexplore
- dontletmommasee likes this
- whenyourestillstrungout likes this
- teddsterpinx likes this
- thanksforthelovemke reblogged this from muexplore
- beautiful--delusions reblogged this from changesuponchanges
- cardiganscoffeebutpleasenocats reblogged this from muexplore
- changesuponchanges reblogged this from teecycle
- teecycle reblogged this from muexplore
- marquetteu likes this
- lolifemke reblogged this from muexplore and added:
- muexplore posted this